If you’re living with a painful elbow condition like arthritis – or you’re experiencing lingering symptoms of an elbow injury such as tennis elbow – it may be time to see an orthopedic surgeon. In this article, we’ll explain why this type of doctor is the best doctor for elbow pain of any kind, and explore some possible treatment options for elbow issues.
What Is the Best Doctor for Elbow Pain?
Acute elbow injuries and chronic elbow conditions alike can range from mild to severe in terms of the symptoms that accompany them. To prevent issues from worsening, it’s important to see an orthopedic specialist promptly for elbow pain, stiffness, restricted motion, swelling or other lingering symptoms. And, to ensure you receive top-notch care with the full range of elbow treatment options available to you, choosing an orthopedic surgeon is the superior option.
As the best doctor for elbow pain, this type of specialist can offer conservative, nonsurgical elbow treatments as well as surgical procedures (in case your elbow issue is severe or does not respond to first-line therapies). Elbow treatments provided by an orthopedic surgeon may include:
- Physical therapy, to strengthen the elbow and improve range of motion
- Time off from activities, to provide time for the elbow to heal and prevent the issue from getting worse
- Medications for short-term pain management, such as anti-inflammatory drugs, steroid injections & pain relievers
- Elbow arthroscopy, a type of minimally invasive elbow surgery with proven benefit for numerous elbow issues
- Elbow fracture surgery, in the case of a severe elbow fracture
- Tendon repair surgery, to reattach a torn biceps or triceps tendon to the bones and restore elbow functionality
While many elbow problems can be effectively treated using conservative methods alone, it may be necessary to consider surgery in some cases. Being under the care of an esteemed orthopedic surgeon known to provide patient-centered elbow care means you’ll already be in the right place if surgery is needed to fully resolve your elbow issue.
Receive a Comprehensive Diagnosis & Treatment Plan from Dr. Soffer
If you’re suffering from elbow pain, stiffness and discomfort that isn’t getting better on its own, the best doctor for elbow pain in the Wyomissing, PA area is Dr. Stephen Soffer. As a leading elbow expert, Dr. Soffer coauthored the first elbow arthroscopy textbook published in the US in collaboration with Dr. James Andrews.
Bringing a compassionate approach to treating patients of all ages, Dr. Soffer truly cares about helping each individual find the best course of treatment for their lifestyle, condition and rehabilitation goals. To schedule an appointment to get started on solving your elbow issue with help from Dr. Soffer, call our office at 610-375-4949.